Opportunities to increase exposure and free PR for your Perth business
As I have mentioned previously, signals provided to consumers within your marketing material and website that your brand is successful and recognised, can help garner trust and convince the consumer to proceed to find out more about your products and services, particularly in a competitive market.
There are opportunities each year for your brand to participate in local Perth, WA state and national award programs. The Public Relations opportunities for your brand that originate from being nominated in an award through to winning the award, can be the basis for local articles about your business, mentions on TV and radio, and brand references and links on the Award website and their own marketing collateral including social media creating additional exposure and brand mentions.
Keep your eye out and plan for these opportunities as part of your annual marketing activities. Prepare your submissions carefully to maximise your potential to be noticed and answer the award criteria fully and submit on-time.
If you find you need help you’re welcome to contact us.
The following are a list of some local Perth, WA state and National based award programs that you may be eligible to enter. Don’t forget to also check out your local business networking groups to see what they offer!
Telstra Small Business Awards
- running 26 years.
- 2018 nominations are closed, but they are taking 2019 nominations.
- a WA State run awards, with state winners progressing to nationals.
- new business award, small business award, various relevant categories.
Telstra Business Women’s Awards
- Australia’s longest running and most esteemed women’s awards program for over 20 years.
- recognising and rewarding the courage, leadership and creativity of Australia’s and Asia’s most inspirational business women, the Awards empower women to take pride in their achievements and encourage them to set bold new goals for the future.
- nominate for the 2018 Awards program today
WAITTA Incite Awards
- longest running IT awards, now in its 27th year.
- entries have closed for 2018, with the start-up category finalists already announced.
- winners are announced on a gala night at the Crown Perth on 15th June.
- everyone in the ICT industry, including Ministers, government attends.
- more info on the Incite Awards website.
Various local Perth Councils run business awards
- quality varies, and it depends where you operate.
- Fremantle business awards nominations close April 28th.
- Stirling business awards nominations close May 9th.
- Belmont business awards nominations close Sept 25th.
Business News 40under40 Awards
- now in its 17th year.
- an individual achievement award.
- increasingly being won by women and start-ups.
- nominations open September, close November.
- gala dinner awards night in March.
Business News Rising Stars Awards
- the Rising Stars Awards recognises and celebrates WA-based companies that are growing – private and public, old and new, large and small. They are looking for ‘rising’ stars, not ‘risen’ stars, on the lookout for companies that have experienced recent growth but still have future potential.
- 13th year of awarding fast growing WA companies.
- winners announced in mid-June at an evening cocktail event.
- high end networking with successful business people attend.
- registration closes in May 2018 $295 to enter.
Optus My Business Awards
- the Optus My Business Awards is the longest-standing business awards program in Australia and identifies and acknowledges the achievements of Australia’s best business operators.
- submissions open: Wednesday, 2 August 2017.
- submissions close: Friday, 25 August 2017.
- award night: Friday, 10 November 2017 at The Westin Sydney.
Australian Small Business Champions Awards
- the Australian Small Business Champions Awards culminates in the National Presentation Evening. The event offers attendees well-deserved recognition for the hard work and dedication required to produce the levels of business success needed to thrive in your industry.
- national presentation evening: The Star, Sydney Saturday, 21st April 2018.
Australian Business Awards
- the Australian Business Awards are an annual all-encompassing awards program which recognises organisations that demonstrate the core values of business innovation, product innovation, technological achievement and employee engagement via a set of comprehensive award categories.
- entries Close 8 March 2018.
SBDC’s Regional Business Awards
- occurs in November.
- been going 15 years, they have a start-up category.
- no info on their 2018 awards are currently available at this time.
Nifnex Influential 100 Awards Global
- empowering small businesses globally Nifnex has launched the awards in 22 cities and estimated to impact over 11,000 entrepreneurs who are enriching the world, working for the betterment of the entrepreneurial community, assisting each other with their contacts and expertise.
- 22 Awards 22 Cities 22 Weeks
- nominations are opening soon
Perth SEO & Social Media Solutions & Brochures
View our full range of SEO & Social Media Plans for Perth Businesses.
Client SEO Case Study – Rolloways
Read our Perth SEO client case study of local Perth business Rolloways Leisure Centre, whose selected targeted keywords all achieve page-one of Google SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages), with most keywords in the key position one, or top three positions on page-one of Google. Through a consistent targeted approach to SEO strategy, Perth SEO Agency Toby Creative has shown a significant increase in top-3 search ranking results positions on Google for Rolloways.
Toby Creative offer a truly integrated marketing strategy, with guidance and support, good communication and clear reporting. We would love to meet with you to find out more about your business. Contact Toby Creative – Branding & Marketing on 0412 622 262, email email@example.com or fill in our contact form to book a no obligation free initial consultation at your location so that we can discuss your specific marketing requirements.